Please fill out the form below to begin your application to MISI’s Cyber Education Diversity CyberShip Program.
To apply to the GBC MISI Academy Cyber Education Diversity Program, students must:
- Be a current senior with a minimum of 90 earned credit hours and a minimum of 9 credit hours in cybersecurity coursework. Students must be currently attending a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity (NCAE-C) designated/candidate Historically Black College or University (HBCU) or Minority Serving Institution (MSI).
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and be in good academic standing.
- Applicants are required to have completed a minimum of nine credit hours in the subjects listed below. The application must include a transcript or official grade report for each course with a minimum ‘C’ (2.0) grade in each.
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals (or equivalent)
- Network Administration/Security
- Applications Security
- Information Assurance
- Data Communications (or equivalent)
- Database Security
- Computer and Network Forensics (or equivalent)
- A recent certification (within two years) from an industry recognized cybersecurity professional trade organization (e.g., EC-Council, CompTIA, (ISC)2) may substitute for a course.
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Be able to pass a background check.
- Have strong moral character, good communication skills, and a demonstrated interest in a cybersecurity career field through successful course work, internships, after school programs, clubs, professional organizations, independent learning, or other cyber related activities.
Completed applications will consist of:
- Cover Letter
- Transcript: electronic version (PDF or JPEG) of an official or unofficial transcript. If unable to obtain transcripts, please send in report cards capturing all semesters of enrollment and highlighting courses required for this Program.
- List of Spring 2021 registered courses with dates and times indicated. Include course registration number and section or professor/instructor contact information.
- In addition, optionally you can upload a short, less than a minute video introduction – tell us who you are, and a little about yourself. It’s called your elevator pitch. Your short video should be uploaded as an MP4 file.
Preference will be given to:
- Students with more than the minimum nine credit hours listed above.
- Applicants with minimal conflicts during the hours of 12:00 and 5:00 p.m. EST.
We look forward to receiving your application!